January 7, 2008

Blog reinvention

After a long layoff I am going to try to get back to more waterbugging. I am going to keep most all of the ed tech blogging on Learning Curve, my work blog. My intent is to to give Waterbug a more local focus in 2008. There are two immediate events that can drive the dialogue: the bikeways plan and the Columbus Bicentennial Citizen Summit coming up January 29th.

Over the next few weeks I'll share my response to Alta planning's thorough and massive (200+ pages) report and recommendations to the City. The comment period actually ends January 11th.

The summit is great opportunity to dream the City we want to have and build support to achieve it. Some ideas I want to explore are:

  • lifelong kindergarten
  • green streets
  • local citizen media
  • urban agriculture
  • and digital (literacy) divide
Onward.

No comments: